XServer 3.3.3.1 patch for TP770X now available for download.

Friedemann Baitinger linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 22:16:22 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Bill Mair wrote:

> Theres a good old proverb "If it works, donīt fix it".
> The patch automates the recognition of the Cyber9397 DVD and the 8MB VidRAM,

Ok, I leave it as it is ;)

> page
> for the XFree brown-burn screen when closing the lid without suspending. He
> suggests CTRL-ALT-F1 to get to the virtual terminal before closing the lid,
> and then CTRL-ALT-F7 to return to the XSession after reopening.

Yes I have seen it. Nice idea, however, basically the only reason I
close the lid is when the machine travels from the ethernet to the token
ring and vice versa. In this case, I have to terminate the xserver
anyway because I start it up with environment specific .fvwmrc files.
For instance, I swallow various 'xloads' and 'xbiffs' into the
FvwmButtons bar. Thoes xloads and xbiffs are obviously dependent on the
network into which the tp770x is connected to.

--
Friedemann Baitinger       fb@baiti.net      http://www.baiti.net/~baiti

Contrary to popular belief, a system defenestrator is not one who throws
systems out of windows, but rather one who throws Windows out of systems.