Thinkpad features program

Robert A. Munro linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 00:01:32 -0700

Daniel,

If you don't have this URL already, here's an official IBM starting point...

http://www.pc.ibm.com/us/support/thinkpad/tptechref.html

With a Thinkpad serial number, IBM will grant a "personal" page and access to the Thinkpad Discussion Forums (but they've been having difficulty maintaining access for registered users recently - for
example, I couldn't get into there yesterday even though I've been registered for a while).  Perhaps the best features are FAQ and Device Driver pages.  However, don't expect much Linux support yet.
IBM's Linux page is presently only links to external resource pages.  For IBM Linux support, I was directed to _this_ site by someone in the IBM Thinkpad 770 Discussion Forums!  Go figure.

Hope that helps,
Bob