USB MS Intellimouse on 770Z? Gnome 1.0 on 770Z?

Bob Taylor linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:25:00 -0500

Thanks to everybody who gave me help over the last week in getting my
770Z  (13.7 screen and 14.1 Gb drive) partitioned correctly and then
updated with Bill Mair's XFree86 3.3.3.1-server!

The Redhat support staff was of very little help in these matters...but the
pointers from people on this list, and Mair's patch, made for final success
with this Redhat 5.2 install.  I am delighted now with my 770Z.

A couple questions:

1.  My Thinkpad 770Z trackpoint behavior under XF86 is sloppy and it
usually overshoots.  Are most of you using "PS/2" mouse as the
configuration for the Thinkpad 770Z  trackpoint?

2.  Anyome had any luck getting a USB-connected Microsoft Intellipoint
Mouse to work with the Redhat 5.2 install on the Thinkpad 770Z?

3.  I saw Gnome 1.0 running at the RedHat booth yesterday at LinuxWorld in
Chicago.   I am thinking of moving to that interface this weekend.  Anybody
had a problem with Gnome 1.0 on a 770x/z?

Many thanks,
Bob
Bob Taylor
Director, Academic Technologies