Xfree86

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:22:23 +0200

James Hawtin wrote:

> Ok sort of got a response, someone has put in untested support for the 937a
> what the 9379/DVD calls itself into the 3.9 development stream, however it does
> not work, so I am putting in Bill work into the server so we get support for the
> thinkpad next release. I hope (currenty 8bpp sort of works at 16bbp is freeky
> acid mode like when you get the suppend problem ;-)
>
> James

What about 24/32 bpp support ?

I've checked the /proc/apm and there is no change in the apm status when the lid
is closed so maybe there is something in the XFree code that detects screens being
turned off and on ? If not this should be included in any drivers that work with TFT

screens. Who knows what will happen when someone tries connecting a normal PC
via one of those PanelLink thingys.

Bill.