internal modem on 770X

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:33:37 -0500 (CDT)

| Has anyone contacted IBM on the modem issue yet?  I know they are
| begining to support Linux is a BIG way... I wonder if a beta copy of a
| modem program exists somewhere in the bowls of Big Blue...?

I posted a request on the Thinkpad 770 discussion forum yesterday asking
for an IBM contact.  No response yet.  Then I searched on Dejanews and
found this very interesting article:

http://www.dejanews.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=464317835

[Appended the article below.]

I sent him e-mail asking for some details about the Windows driver, the
relationship between MWave and ACP, and whether information is available
outside IBM on programming them.  I'll post the response here if I get
one.

Is use of WINE acceptable for a short-term implementation of ThinkPad Modem?