vmware ??

Andrew S. Townley linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 13:58:45 +0000

Mark Kennedy wrote:

> Bob Koss wrote:
> >
> > Is anyone running vmware on a thinkpad?
> >

> occasionally the display update leaves small stale rectangles which go away
> if covered and uncovered.

I'm seeing this as well.  Other than being annoying, it seems to work
ok.  Does anyone know why this happens?  I am also running vmware on a
different machine full screen at 1600x1200 using the vmware 3D_Labs X
server and it doesn't have these problems.  Does the update problem come
from the "stock" X server or is it simply an issue with the patches from
vmware not being quite as complete?  This is the only issue I've seen
with X on my 770X since I upgraded to Bill's X server with TrueType font
support.  Thanks again, Bill!

ast