vmware ??

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 16:51:40 +0200

> > I'm seeing this as well.  Other than being annoying, it seems to work
> > ok.  Does anyone know why this happens?  I am also running vmware on a
> > different machine full screen at 1600x1200 using the vmware 3D_Labs X
> > server and it doesn't have these problems.  Does the update problem come
> > from the "stock" X server or is it simply an issue with the patches from
> > vmware not being quite as complete?  This is the only issue I've seen
> > with X on my 770X since I upgraded to Bill's X server with TrueType font
> > support.  Thanks again, Bill!
>
> FYI . . . Bill was good enough to get the VMware X source patch and
> apply it to his modified X server. It's available for download on his
> website. You might try it and find that it fixes your display problem.
>
> Thanks, Bill!

This is a known issue with the current TTF enabled XServer, when
time allows (high work load right now) I will grab the latest and greatest
VMWare patches and apply them. I also have the "blotchy" VMWare
problem, but wasn't going to try and fix DGA code, I may have lost
a whole lot of sanity trying it.

I will also be putting my XF86Config and the modified SuperProbe
into future tarballs to keep everything together. They will of course
remain as seperate files on the web site though.

Bill.

Thanks for the gratitude, it is really appreciated.