IBM TR pcmcia support (was IBM 760E)

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 03 Aug 1999 13:08:58 +0200

I want to have some clarity on the subject of TR pcmcia support.

It appears to be on of the most FAQs here, and I would like to
fully address this problem on my pages.

I would like to know what files were modified by those people
who have such a card running, and what they changed and why.

Seeing as I don't have a TR network I would really appreciate
any help that I can get putting up a "Here is how to get TR working
on a ThinkPad". If there are differences based on model/type then
I would also like to be able to post the variations.

Lets try and give all those guys who have TR networks a clear
procedure which is easy to follow and doesn't scare people
away from Linux with comments like "I couldn't get my TR
adapter to work so I went back to M$".

Thanks.

    Bill.