IBM 760E

uri linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:55:43 -0400 (EDT)

cspeare@us.ibm.com says:
> Yeah the situation does seem to be annoying.

(:-)  Mildly put.

> Uri, did you see about trying the
> configurations that I had come across?

I think so. Nothing seems to work - the only thing variable is what
problem message exactly I'm getting. Like - sometimes the system
crashes, and sometimes I'm getting "Resource in use"...

> This all seems to be quite ad-hoc, but
> I suppose I've seen a few people here and there claim a glorious success,
> so it would be nice to gather all the winners together, take account of
> which machines they are, and we can shove it into the Linux resouces here
> at IBM, and then I can also distribute it on this list, and post it to
> both IBM and non-IBM web sites. I'll see about asking the IBMLUG about
> this too.

True. My problems are with PCMCIA Auto 16/4 Token RIng card, and
the machine is TP 760E. Kernel 2.2.10, libc5 (and glibc-2.1 on
another disk that I've tried :-), pcmcia-cs-3.0.12, 3.0.13,
3.0.13 with 3.0.5 i82365.[ch], etc... Quite an extensive
list of tries (:-).
--
Regards,
Uri		uri@watson.ibm.com