Alsa & suspend...

Thomas Wimmer linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 04 Aug 1999 12:41:47 +0200

Bill Mair wrote:

> > I use a thinkpad 570, and everything is perfect, except
> > that the alsa driver does not like suspend mode...
> > I'd like to find a way to unload the driver with apm
> > when entering suspend mode, but the main problem is to
> > first kill all applications using sound.
> >
> > Does someone have an idea?
>
> apmd can call a script when the system is suspended/resumed.

but only if you do have the patched apmd:
	http://www.cut.de/bkr/linux/apmd/apmd.html

the "original" apmd (both 2.4) doesn´t have this feature

> In there you can unload/load the ALSA modules, and before
> doing that kill all x11amp, xmixer, and what ever programs
> may be using the resource.

do you have a script for that ?
currently i do a "rmmod cs4232 && insmod cs4232 ... > /dev/null"
only, but of course that doesn´t take care of the aforementioned
programms.

> Bill.

Thomas
--
Thomas Wimmer        |   When you're in a fight with an idiot,
thomas@wimmer.net    |   its difficult for other people