IBM 760E

Kjell Thomas Pedersen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 21:09:52 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Stein Vrale <stein@terminator.net>
To: <linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 1999 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: IBM 760E

> Thomas Pedersen wrote:
> >
> > Masquerading seems faster in 6.0, but there are many sites I cannot
> > connect to now, not sure why.  ipchains don't do it for me either,
ipfwadm

> hehe, is it the main office firewall also? "Hey guys, you better logoff
> now, I'm going home for dinner" :-)

hehe, not likely (with 3k users)....It's my personal firewall at night :)
My main modem died (dont drink apple juice close to your modem)...so I'm
using the laptop as a firewall (I refuse to buy another modem since DSL will
be avail next month supposedly..:))

> Maybe there are some trouble when the masqued packets go through the
> pcmia stuff, or maybe the card driver.

It's possible, but the configuration and kernel setup seems a-ok.

Thomas Pedersen
classic@westnet.com