ltp: Test & Request

Frank 'Crash' Edwards linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:36:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Bill Mair wrote:
> I've configured the list to prefix the the string "ltp:" to the subject
> field, so that it is easier for you all to determine what is coming from
> the list as a general post, and mails that are directly addressed to
> you.

Excellent idea; thank you.

> <<< 550 Banned text appeared in body text: 'f**k'

There's a site out there that CENSORS email!!  I am incredulous that such
a thing is possible in such a strong competitive market among ISPs and
such.  Unless this is a private company; even so, I think corporate
censorship is as bad -- or worse -- than any other kind...

> So please in future keep away from using this kind of language
> to express your anger/dismay about something, and if you really
> feel that it is the best way of expressing your feelings then do
> me the favour of replacing some of it with "*"s (or the like).
> Your message should then get to all of the members of this list.

This is generally good advice anyway.  The articulate have no need of
vulgarisms.

> Thank you,
> Bill

Ciao.
--
Frank J. Edwards         Edwards & Edwards Consulting
Voice:   (888)EEC.COM.0  http://www.eec.com/