[ltp] Re: IBM 760E

Dirk Husemann linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
11 Aug 1999 15:34:49 +0200

    UB> Bill Mair says:
    >> On my PCMCIA page there is the following
    >> piece of wisdom from Andy Welch:
    >>
    >> > In file /etc/pcmcia/config.opts:
    >> > change the high memory window from its dafault (0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff) to
    >> > (0x60000000-0x60ffffff)
    >>
    >> Could this have any relevance to TR problems ?

    UB> Yes - but adding this high-memory range makes the problem
    UB> worse: instead of getting "Unknown command FF" the machine
    UB> freezes up.

    UB> Basically, at this time I'm at:

    UB> The Token Ring card seems to be recognized and initialized OK.
    UB> When the "./network tr0" script begins, "ifconfig" command
    UB> hangs up with "Unknown command FF"... This is the best I've
    UB> gotten so far, with the following:

    UB> 	kernel 2.2.10
    UB> 	glibc-2.1
    UB> 	egcs-1.1.2
    UB> 	pcmcia-3.0.13

    UB> config.opts:

    UB> 	include memory 0xd0000-oxdffff
    UB> 	# no more memory given!
    UB> 	module "ibmtr_cs" opts "ringspeed 16 irq_list=9"

    UB> It correctly allocates srambase and mmiobase, takes the proper
    UB> IRQ vector... Oh well...

Here's my config.opts:

        #
        # Local PCMCIA Configuration File
        #
        # System resources available for PCMCIA devices
        #
        include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x1000-0x17ff
        include memory 0xc0000-0xfffff
        include memory 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff, memory 0x60000000-0x60ffffff
        #
        # Extra port range for IBM Token Ring
        #
        include port 0xa00-0xaff
        #
        # Resources we should not use, even if they appear to be available
        #
        # First built-in serial port
        exclude irq 4
        # Second built-in serial port
        exclude irq 3
        # First built-in parallel port
        exclude irq 7
        #
        # Examples of options for loadable modules
        #
        # To fix sluggish network with IBM ethernet adapter...
        #module "pcnet_cs" opts "mem_speed=600"
        #
        # Options for Xircom Netwave driver...
        #module "netwave_cs" opts "domain=0x100 scramble_key=0x0"
        #
        # Options for IBM Token Ring adapters
        module "ibmtr_cs" opts "mmiobase=0xd0000 srambase=0xd4000"

That last line turned out to be crucial, have you tried that one?