[ltp] X server

Grubbs, Dan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:52:13 -0500

I have tried to get the X server working on my 770X and 770 (pre X).  I am still new to this.  I don't think I am getting all the installation details.  I stop the X server and it seems to have stopped with the audio.  Can't I just bring up the X server in a mode without audio or the exact right video?  With the 770 (pre X model) the install program detects the video chip and is happy.  It is not happy with the monitor type.  I have tried replacing the SVGA X server and XF86config.  Do I have to swap out all those files on Bill's page for the X server to work?

Dan