[ltp] Full screen console - positive side effect

Friedemann Baitinger linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 11:39:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Martin Fluch wrote:

> I have a TP 770 with an 1024x768 Display. The Kernel is compiled
> with support for vesa fb device and im running the console in a
> fullscreen mode (showing 128x48 chars with the *same* resolution
> the XServer is running). Doing this I have now no problem closing
> the lid without suspending the TP. The X-Display won't get screwed
> up as it did before :-)

Martin,
this post made me finally switch to the vesa fb stuff, however, I can't
get it to work.

I have built the kernel as described here in this list a while ago and
at boot I specify 'vga=ask' and enter the mode '031a' which is the vesa
mode for a 64K colors 1280x1024 display. If I now do a 'startx', the
display is screwed up such that only the top 60% of the display are
touched at all and also, a ghost image of a top left corner anchored
xterm shows up again at the right side of the display. Any ideas?

PS: I am currently using Bill Mair's latest Xserver with the ttf stuff
included.

--
Friedemann Baitinger       fb@baiti.net      http://baiti.net/fb

30 minutes of begging is not considered foreplay.