[ltp] Interview with IBM (german)

Thomas Wimmer linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 01:37:17 +0200

Hi

the german cīt magazin conducted an interview with Jonathan L.
Prial, IBM Director Integrated Solutions and Linux Marketing
(http://www.heise.de/ct/99/17/046/)

The parts concerning TPs:

(...)

Prial: Right now weīre supporting Linux on some NetFinity-Server and
we will see (nearly) full support on the NetFinity-Server,
IntelliStations, commercial PCīs and ThinkPads - in that order.

cīt: Does that include the internal modems in the ThinkPads ?

Prial: We will support ThinkPads with Linux. I canīt announce
anything more at this time. I did install Linux on my ThinkPad and
did have a good deal of problems with the video-driver. Yes there
needs something to be done. Perhaps we will write some drivers and
place them under GPL. (...) Well, yes we will do something, we are
going to write drivers.

(...)

It seems that they are planning on doing things, but with the modem
- donīt hold your breath, as it is way down their priority list.

Thomas
And sorry for that crude translation, i do hope I didnīt mix up the
meanings of the stuff.
try for yourself ;-):
http://babelfish.altavista.com/cgi-bin/translate?jss&urltext=http%3A//www.heise.de/ct/99/17/046/
--
Thomas Wimmer        |   When you're in a fight with an idiot,
thomas@wimmer.net    |   its difficult for other people