[ltp] Another comment VESA framebuffer console

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:47:57 -0500 (CDT)

| I use mode 307 and the vesa driver.  The only problem that I have is that I
| can't add vga=775 to the boot string.  I have a 770 with a 13.7" lcd.

I've noticed the same problem.  I haven't gotten around to investigating
the source code yet, but I have come up with a workaround.  Run this
command:

	rdev -v /boot/vmlinux 775

(Use whatever is the correct path to your kernel.)  This sets the video
mode.  If you copy a new kernel image there (due to a recompile,
upgrade, etc.), you'll need to run the rdev command again.