[ltp] Troubles installing RH60 on my TP770

Kent Perrier linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:00:09 -0500

I am attempting to install RH6.0 on a 9 gig SCSI disk attached to my
docking station.
I have completed the installation, but I am experiencing a lot of
trouble with my
PCMCIA card(s).  Specifically, I am getting a lot of kernel panics and
crashes on my
machine whenever I (A) boot with the network card in the slot (the
machine generally boots fine, but it panics and crashes soon after I log
in) or (B) I insert the card after I have booted and logged in.

This is a stock setup (the machine has not been up long enough for me to
get anything done on it in the form of upgrades).  Has anyone seen this
before, or can you point me in a direction of a possible fix?

Kent
--
When you think of Red Hat, think of Perrier (bottled water).  Water is
essentially free, or at least very low cost to produce.  Red Hat is