[ltp] network/pcmcia problems

Peter Soderling linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:55:24 -0400

An update on my present pcmcia situation . . .

A quick recap . . . I'm trying to get a IBM EtherJet Cardbus card working w/
RedHat6

I have compiled pcmcia-cs-3.0.14 with the modified driver found at
http://ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~danilo/linux.shtml . I have also added
(according to Craig Domanski's comments from
http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_comments.html#5 ) the following lines to my
/etc/pcmcia/config file:

card "IBM Etherjet Cardbus Adapter 10/100"
  manfid 0x00a4, 0x0113
  bind "tulip_cb"

Now, when I insert the card, the screen displays "XIRCOM init" . . . and
then my system locks up totally. I can't even turn it off w/ the power
switch. I have to unplug the power supply + pop out the battery to get it
turned off!  yikes . . . .

If someone out there is running this card successfully, please let me know.
I need to know if there's light at the end of this tunnel . . . or if I have
to buy a new card.

Many Thanks,
--petesoder
Peter Soderling - e-Business Consultant