[ltp] insalling Linux on old thinkpads...

Book Man linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 07:38:07 -0800 (PST)

I had the EXACT same problem when trying to do an
NFS/FTP/HTTP install of RH6.0 on the three older 7xx
series (755cd,760ed,760xl).  The only way to get an
install was via CDROM.  Never figured out the problem.
 Was using Etherlink III and tried a Novell 10bT card
(NE2k).

Good luck.

-book