[ltp] backup a partition

andrei linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 23:13:52 -00

--=-=jUsT.aNoThEr.mImE.bOuNdArY=-=94486795229485=-=

I think your best to use Ghost from a dos boot floppy disk and make
an image of your NT partition onto an attached hard disk device,
eg Jaz disk etc...

I haven't heard of a backup solution to backup NT from another partition
on the same hard disk...

If you want I'll send you a copy or buy it from Symantec corp...

At Friday, 10 December 1999, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I know this is probably answered somewhere on the web, but questions
>ususally get good responces here so...  TIA.
>
>My thinkpad dual boots NT and Linux.  I've had to install NT twice in
>the last two days due to corruption.  NT is on a fairly small partition
>~600MB.  Can I make a full backup of this partition from Linux?
>(Equally important, can it be retored from the backup?)  I'm thinking
>that using the linux command dd would work.  Then I could zip up the
>file and put it somewhere.
>
>Does anybody do this?  Is it a bad idea?
>
>Thanks,
>Tom
>----- The Linux ThinkPad mailing list -----
>The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
>http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html

bluebeat :-)

--=-=jUsT.aNoThEr.mImE.bOuNdArY=-=94486795229485=-=