[ltp] upgrade of bios on a TP600e...

geezzer linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:21:52 +0000

Has anyone upgraded their TP600e to this latest bios release & found they
can't run their Linux OS?.

Andrei :)

Your IBM Support E-mail

The following is an article summary which matches your IBM support
personal profile.  To view the entire article, point your Web browser to the
Web address below:

The System Program Service Diskette (BIOS) has been updated to BIOS level
INET26WW.

This release supports the following systems:
 - ThinkPad 600E (2645 - Selected models, see Web page for complete list)
 - ThinkPad 600E (2646 - All models)

This release fixes the following items:
- The system should no longer experience an InfraRed configuration problem.
- A microcode program was updated to fix a suspend/resume problem.
- The system now forces UltraDMA mode for Docking IDE to UltraDMA mode2.

This release adds the following item:
- Support has been added for the 256 MB memory dimm.

http://www.pc.ibm.com/qtechinfo/DSHY-46HLKQ.html
To cancel your subscription to IBM support e-mail, go to
http://www.pc.ibm.com/support and update your personal profile.
Clear the check box entitled "I would be interested in receiving
e-mail related to my IBM system in the future."