[ltp] upgrade of bios on a TP600e...

Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:15:38 -0500

Use linux hda=1299,240,63 at the lilo prompt.

Chris Weyl
Notes Performance Capacity Planning and Management
IBM Global Services

Our idea of security isn't "The server is down."
                                                --Anonymous Linux user

geezzer <andrei@easynet.co.uk> on 12/16/99 12:58:13 PM

Please respond to linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com

To:   Wayne Scott <wscott@ichips.intel.com>, linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
cc:
Subject:  Re: [ltp] upgrade of bios on a TP600e...

Hi Wayne,

My HD is 10Gb I can't exactly tell what is the geometry of the drive is but
it only

happened after applying the bios upgrade...

I can access the data on the drive with Explore2fs and get the data I need
off.

Can you help please...

Wayne Scott wrote:

> From: geezzer <andrei@easynet.co.uk>
> > Has anyone upgraded their TP600e to this latest bios release & found
they
> > can't run their Linux OS?.
>
> You mean the kernel boots and then dies because it can't recognize the
IDE