[ltp] TP 770ED, RH 6.1, DPMS

Jamie Zawinski linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:42:14 -0800

Rob Mayoff wrote:

> What is CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK set to in your kernel config?  If it's
> N, maybe it needs to be Y.
>
> | Since I upgraded my 770ED to Red Hat 6.1 (with XFree86-SVGA-3.3) I've
> | been seeing something weird with DPMS -- basically, the screen never
> | powers down on its own, but X thinks it does.

That doesn't seem to change anything.  It was Y, and I set it back to N;
"xset force dpms off" still doesn't power down the monitor, nor does
"xset q" track the state of the monitor when I change it with Fn-F3.

Does this actually work for any of you?

--
Jamie Zawinski             jwz@jwz.org             http://www.jwz.org/