[ltp] TP 770ED, RH 6.1, PCMCIA

Jamie Zawinski linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:46:00 -0800

Joseph Yoon wrote:

> I do a card eject before a suspend but I still have to restart (activate) eth0
> after I resume (pcmcia automatically reinserts the card if it is present so that
> seems to be ok). Running RH 6.0 with kernel 2.2.9 and pcmcia 3.1 on a 770X with
> Xircom CE2 10/100 CardBus. I haven't had time to figure out if this is a Xircom
> "feature" or something wrong with my setup. Anybody have a guess?
>
> I couldn't get the Xircom Cardbus working under RH 5.x.

I just installed the latest pcmcia-cs (3.1.8), with kernel 2.2.12,
and I'm still seeing the same behavior: I have to shut down eth0,
restart pcmcia, then bring up eth0, before it will work.

Everything worked fine for me with this card under RH 5.1, so this is
definitely a software regression, not some hardware problem.

--
Jamie Zawinski             jwz@jwz.org             http://www.jwz.org/