[ltp] HTTP installation

Vasanth Rakasi linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 20:05:21 -0800 (PST)

Having failed with trying to install through NFS, I am
trying installing RedHat 6.1 using HTTP.

Please take a look at the 3 pieces of information
below:

1) The window on the laptop (on which I am trying to
install RH6.1) says:

The above message has been there throughout the night.

2) 'ls -l' on RedHat/base/stage2.img shows:
-rw-r--r--      1 root  root    2885842 Sep 27 09:04
stage2.img

3) The file /etc/httpd/logs/access_log shows:

10.19.13.94 - - [25/Dec/1999:23:45:21 -0800] "GET
//cdrom/RedHat/base/stage2.img HTTP/1.0" 200 529697
(The above log says that a request from a client was
successful and 529697 bytes of data was transferred to
the client.)

Howcome only 529697 bytes got sent when the file
itself is over 2MB?

I have increased the Timeout in httpd.conf from 300 to
1000 (seconds) but this hasn't helped.

The two options that I am passing to kernel are:
hd=523,32,63
mem=8M

Any ideas?

vasanth