[ltp] HTTP installation...

Book Man linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 12:24:40 -0800 (PST)

Though I am really comfortable with RedHat, I'd like
to suggest possible going with a less bloated Linux
distro for these systems unless you have a cdrom
handy.  I've had a similar problem with the 6.0 and
6.1 ver of redhat that I could only solve via a cdrom
install.  never figured out why though.

Something like Debian - the latest rev, may be a
better choice for a Linux distro on these lightweight
systems.  I used to work at this place that had tons
of old hardware and anything that couldn't handle
RedHat took Debian just fine.  I've done the install
and it wasn't bad at all.  Something like 8 disks and
I was off and running.

r/
Bookman