[ltp] Problem with 3com ethernet on Thinkpad i1412

Neal Holter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 17:47:56 -0500

Configuration:
ethernet card: 3com  3CXFE575CT
computer: ThinkPad model i1412
Linux: RedHat 6.0  (2.2.5)
pcmcia-cs-3.1.7  (support for the CT version of the card was added in 3.1.2)

Problem:
When I try to use the network card (ping), I get the following messages:
transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e201.  (or e281)
Interrupt posted but not delivered -- IRQ blocked by another device?

Most of the pings (70%) actually come back, but generally 5-20 seconds late.

I have tried using other IRQ's (3,11, and 12) and changing the high memory
from its default to 0x60000000-0x60ffffff.

Does anyone know what might be wrong or have any suggestions of
things to try?