Mouse pointer compatible?

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 20:06:29 -0500 (CDT)

| Hey all, what type of mouse is the eraser pointer on my Thinkpad 760ED?  All
| the configuration files I've seen say PS/2.  Does this mean I need an
| external mouse?  XFree86 (the newest with SuSE 6.1) keeps crashing on me
| about the mouse.  Help, please!

What, if any, is the exact output from XFree86?  What is in your
XF86Config?

On the 770 series it's a 3-button PS/2 mouse. I think the 760 series has
a 2-button mouse but it's probably still a PS/2 interface. However, I
think the BIOS, on the 770 at least, does some magic to present it as a
PS/2 mouse to the OS. Maybe the 760 series does the same. So have you
made sure you've got the latest BIOS?

http://www.pc.ibm.com/support?lang=en_US&page=IBM+ThinkPad%7CThinkPad+760ED&doctype=Downloadable+files&subtype=BIOS&brand=IBM+ThinkPad%7CThinkPad+760ED#documents

It might also be useful for you to plug in an external mouse and see if
that makes X run correctly.