Mandrake 6.0 XServer setup problem.

Grant Lotter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 13:29:04 -0400 (EDT)

I ended up doing something similar; a separate 1GB FAT16 partition with a
linux mount point. Obvious now, but at the time.... I suppose that at
worst you could even bypass this by putting the relevant files on a MSDOS
floppy and using mtools [though I'm not sure the files would fit on a
floppy?].

I installed a version of Mandrake distributed by Macmillan ("Complete
Linux Operating System") which includes three Linux books on CD  and a
hobbled  version of PartitionMagic (which did something unpleasant to my
drive -- I ended up using DiskDruid). The docs though are ghastly: with
conflicting (and sometimes faulty) instructions. Unless you really want
the books I would suggest getting the full mandrake package (which comes
with an apps cd and better docs).

gl