IBM 56K Modem with Cellular capable

Petrus Handoko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 12:07:17 -0700

Hi there,
I just installed Linux-Mandrake 6.0 on my Thinkpad 770(model 9548-80U) with
a port replicator + PCMCIA extension.   After installation, I changed the
XCof to make the Xserver work.   But it is only work on 8 bpp ( 256 colors).
I could not make it to work for any other configuration.   Anyway It worked
great.

After that, I setup the PCMCIA module, after some time playing with the
conf, it worked.   It found that I have 4 slot, which has  my Slim SCSI
card, and Turbo Token ring card.

The problem that I have is with my "IBM 56K Modem with Cellular capability"
does not got recoqnized.   PCMCIA does not recognize this as a modem, so by
default it treated as Memory card.
I also noticed that the modem card does not have CIS.   I run the dump_cis
and showed nothing.

Is any one there able to config PCMCIA to recoqnize this modem ?

Also eventhough it find the Turbo Token ring, it does not installed the tr0
device.   This is the one that I am going to play with next.

Thanks

Petrus Handoko