tpctl -- ThinkPad configuration utility for Linux

Stein Vrale linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 17:25:20 +0200

Martin Fluch wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, J.d.thomas Hood wrote:
>
> > Announcing tpctl -- a ThinkPad configuration utility for Linux.
> > Get more info at http://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu/~thood/tpctlhome.htm

Seems to work with Thinkpad 380Z also:

[root@pluto tpctl-0.1.7]# ./tpctl --ib
System and BIOS information:
   System ID:                      54
   Country code:                   1
   System BIOS revision:           84
   Sys management BIOS revision:   260
   SMAPI BIOS interface revision:  144
   Video BIOS revision:            259

> I'm trying it out on my TP 770 and Kernel 2.2.10 and till now I've had no
> problems with it. I'm thinking about writing a version of the tpctl
> program using the ncurses library...

May I suggest using linuxconf to make a frontend? This will give X11,
ncurses and HTML interface for tpctl. The advantage is that you use the
same code for all GUI modes. The disadvantage is that the output may be
a bit boring (no fancy graphics).

If this sounds interesting I could provide an initial linuxconf module
with some of the options implemented, ready to be used and easy to
populate with more tpctl options.

Stein Vråle