TP 380Z serial

Mark Shacklette linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 03:21:23 +0000 ( )

> Maybe someone would like to point out this on their pages, I got a few
> answer from people having the same problem (on TP600). Im probably not
> the only one stupid enough to trust  Win98 tools only ;-)

I second this suggestion completely.  The only suggestion on the linux/TP pages
I've found worked only for those users using NT (as described on
http://umech.mit.edu/aja/linux/tp770.html).  I was UNABLE to get the Win98 TP
utility to install the serial port correctly so that Linux could use it (though
it worked just fine under windoze!).  I downloaded the TP DOS utilities
tonight, ran those four ps2 commands, rebooted, and indeed, voila--I had serial
ports.

Thanks for the info and someone PLEASE add this info to their web pages.

Mark