PCMCIA modem on a IBM 760ED

wjg linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 08:28:52 +0200 (MEST)

> I'm quite the newbie, and I was wondering how to get my Linksys combo
> 56K/Ethernet PCMCIA card working on my Thinkpad 760ED, running a fresh
> install of SuSE 6.1 (with the PCMCIA package installed).
You will probably need to get the newest PCMCIA toolset and compile it. I'm
using SuSE 6.1 on a Thinkpad 600E and (according to what I've read on this
list) your machine also has 32bit PCMCIA (cardbus) - which is not supported
by the PCMCIA version supplied with 6.1.

I'm currently using pcmcia-cs-3.0.9 from sunsite.unc.edu, directory
/pub/Linux/kernel/pcmcia.

Cheers,
Wolf.

--
Wolf J. Geldmacher
Signalstrasse 48
CH-9400 Rorschach	Email:  wolf at comunicon.ch
Switzerland		PGP:	Public key available on request. ID=8AF98809