AcceleratedX on TP770X?

Mark Shacklette linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 13:02:56 +0000 ( )

Hi:

I'm reposting a question in a different form.  If anyone is running Accelerated
X (4.1.2) on a 2.2 kernel (not sure if this is relevant), I'd appreciate your
reading on.

When I boot the TP under battery power, and then run startx (or even X), I am
encountering what is from all appearances mouse interrupt conflict on the part
of AcceleratedX.  It seems to be assigning the mouse interrupt to some other
used interrupt.  The symptom is that the mouse wants to eratically drive to the
upper right corner of the screen, each time it is moved.  It's completely
unusable in such a state.  The only way to fix it is to reboot under power.
(Would this imply an interrupt collision between the mouse and APM?--I've
disabled APM and still see the problem).

AcceleratedX under battery boot is the culprit.  If I switch to XFree86 and
boot from the battery, no problem.  If I boot under power with AcceleratedX
(and after booting, unplug), no problem.

Right now I am relegated to booting the computer under power, and then,
suspending it to take it on the road.  God forbid I have to reboot w/o an
outlet available.  This obviously won't do.

If anyone has ANY suggestions on what to look at, I'd appreciate knowing.

Thanks,

Mark