ifconfig Carrier problem, addendum

Mike Heroux linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:17:38 -0500

This seems to be a problem common to all system use of this interface.
Roughly speaking there is slightly less than one carrier event for every
transmit event.

One other experiment I tried since last posting:  I put in an old Xircom PC
card (10 Mbits).  This was recognized just fine and participates nicely as
a member of the cluster, although at a little slower transfer rate.