tpctl release candidate 0.5.3 -- please try

Martin Fluch linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 00:56:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, J.d.thomas Hood wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> tpctl has been coming along and now has the capability to change
> the i/o-addresses and irqs of the serial and parallel ports
> (only the "live" settings, though--not those stored in CMOS RAM).
>
> Version 0.5.3 is a candidate for release as a "stable version" (0.6.0)
> but I'd like to have it better tested before announding it on Freshmeat.
> It would be very helpful to me if many of you would download this release,
> install it and test out its features.  Please send me reports of how
> the whole process goes.
>
> Unlike the functions that were implemented in 0.3.x, the resource-control
> features that have been added in 0.5.x talk directly to hardware registers:
> they do not make use of the SMAPI BIOS built into most ThinkPads.
> Consequently there is a greater risk that these features will not work
> on every ThinkPad--although they have proved to work on a ThinkPad 600,
> a ThinkPad 770X and a ThinkPad 380Z.  Feedback about these features
> would be especially useful to me.
>
> Download the rpm and/or the tarball via:
>    http://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu/~thood/tpctlhome.htm
>
> Thanks,

Hi,

the sourcecode compiled well on my Debian 2.1 System. The first atemp to
make install failed due to the -D option at the install (Ver 3.16)
command. After I removed it, instalation was no problem anymore.
tpctl -rx works, but right now I don't have more time for testing.

Martin

--
For public PGP-key:  finger mfluch@mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de