tpctl

David Lomas linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:08:32 +0100

I downloaded the binary rpm and tried to install it on my Redhat 6.0
system with 2.2.9 kernel. I ran rpm -U, and the last line said something
like

Unresolved symbols in thinkpad.o (/lib/modules/thinkpad/)

and then it stopped. I can't remember the exact wording. It successfully
modified /etc/ld.so.conf and /etc/conf.modules. If I run rpm --erase, it
says the package is not installed. If I run rpm -U, it says the package
is already installed. Hmm. I'm about to try with the source tarball (no
more rpm for me) to see if building a new one works OK.

Is there anything I did wrong with the binary rpm?

Thanks,

Dave.