X windows performance problem

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:17:22 +0200

Michael Cameron wrote:

<SNIP>

> Does it work or the option being ignored?  Does your Xserver really
> support accelerated? Which X server (and version) are you using?

In the XFree documentation there is a README about the trident
drivers and what options are supported by which chipsets, I would look there

first.

> Have a look at Bill Mair's pages (I would be surprised you have ended up
> on this list without having visited there first though).

Michael, you would be surprised, I spoken to some people offline (well
mailed
them) and they were informed about the list without knowing about my site.

For those of you that have never been to my place, I cover the configuration
of
XFree86 (with a patched XFree server) on the high-res 770 series (1280x1024)

and have various bits of information posted that I have either found out
myself
or have been preened from this list.

Bill.
--
Linux on an IBM ThinkPad 770X
Go anywhere with an OS thats going places.