Best 100 Mbit PC for Thinkpad 770Z (was ifconfig Carrier problem, addendum)

William Ball linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:59:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Bob Koss wrote:

> I just received my Z yesterday so I'm still figuring out how it works ;-)
>
> But I've been using Linksys Etherfast 10/100 PC cards for awhile and
> they've been trouble-free.  As a bonus -- they work with Linux as well.

i'll second this opinion... i have three of 'em installed on different
laptops and never had a problem... i usually buy mine from the bargain
bin at the local computer store (Microcenter)...

the only drawback is that they use a dongle; i like the idea of the Type 3
combo cards with built-in jacks, and may explore getting a 3Com 3CCXEM556