IBM thinkpad 760EL doesn't boot

Amalio F. Nieto Serrano linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:25:25 +0200 (MET DST)

	Hi all!

	I have trying to install Linux (Debian 2.1) in an IBM Thinkpad
760EL. After trying to partition the hard disk (6.1 Gb) with Linux fdisk the
computer doesn't boot. It seems like something has gone wrong on the hard
disk, because, if I remove the HD, the computer is able to boot from a
floppy. At booting, the laptop does a little acess to the HD and then stands
waiting for ever.

	Do you have any suggestion for recovering the Hard Disk? Any method
for bypassing the HD reading while booting in order to boot from floppy?

	Thanks in advance,

	Amalio.