vmware ??

Bob Koss linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 08:04:00 -0400 (EDT)

Is anyone running vmware on a thinkpad?

I have RH6.0 installed on a 770Z and just installed vmware.

1. The cd-rom isn't visible inside the win98 window. I tried mounting it
before 'booting' win98 but that doesn't work either. It's set up in
vmware-config ot work, yet it doesn't appear in My Computer.

2. Should I install the vmware tools or not? The vmware instructions say
that the tools replace the X server. But I'm running Bill's server to get
X to even work on the thinkpad. Will installing vmware tools undo the
wonderful things that Bill's server did?

3. Should the win98 window be resizeable? Mine isn't.

Robert Koss, Ph.D.  | Object Mentor, Inc.    | Tel: (800) 338-6716
Senior Consultant   | 14619 N Somerset Cr    | Fax: (847) 918-1023
koss@oma.com        | Green Oaks IL 60048    | www.oma.com