vmware ??

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:18:50 +0200

Frank 'Crash' Edwards wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Peter Soderling wrote:

<SNIP>

> > As far as the VMware modified X server. . . . it doesn't work on my TP. They
> > do offer a patch though .  . so perhaps one of our friends who's into such
> > things as compiling X could apply it to the Bill Mair patched server. ;-)

Okay, Okay. I get the hint... I'll go to VMWare and grab the latest patches,
happy now ?   ;-)

> Hopefully, the XFree team will roll Bill's changes into the stock server
> sooner instead of later. :-)  Of course, I won't be holding my breath on
> this one.

Argh - gasp - gurgle - eek.

Nope I can't hold my breath that long either. Never ever had any feedback
from those guys at XFree86.org. >:-[

<SNIP>

>         (5) Any computer with a mouse is worthless.
>                 -- Rich Kulawiec (updated by me)

Hopefully my trackpoint doesn't make my 770X worthless. :-O

Bill.