Ranish (was: IBM thinkpad 760EL doesn't boot)

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 12:52:23 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Cydny Fire Eisner wrote:
> Not sure about your point here.  I was referring to the fact that you could
> save a clean copy of your partition table to a floppy, which enables you
> to recover from various mishaps.

That is a good thing indeed. However, if you had such software for linux
and saved your MBR to floppy, you would have to start linux to restore
your MBR. I know there are single-floppy linux's out there, as well as
bootable CD's (SuSE for example) that can let you do this.

I'm just saying even after all that, you get back to the same place you
are now with Ranish and (for example) FreeDOS.

Take care,
Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
  - Jimmy James, News Radio