TP770X Xwindows

Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:55:06 +0200

Howdy All!

I know everyone is very busy with other important developments such as the
tpctl tool and MWave petitions, but this Xwindows is really getting to me!
I have messed with it for awhile now and it just won't cooperate!
I am running on a TP770X with SuSe 6.1, when attachted to my docking
station and a G712 IBM monitor it works right away with the YAST X86 config
tool, amazing!

 I put all of the files from Bill's site in my system at the following
locations:

-->  XFREE86_SVGA   in root and then unzipped.
-->  SuperProbe in /usr/bin/X11
-->  XF86Config in /etc (not in /etc/X11 as my SuSe reads the config from
/etc)

Further when I startX, I get messages that it recognizes the Cyber 9397dvd
card and several SVGA messages that all is going well until:

SVGA: Max allowed dot-clock: 230.000MHz
SVGA: There is no mode definition named "1280x1024"

_X11TransSocketUnixConnect:Can'tConnect: errno = 111

then the Xserver crashes.......so I am back to the docking station and an
IBM Monitor that works great on 1280x1024!
Shit!

Any ideas???

Regards,
Eric Schabell