Full screen console om 770Z!!!

Thomas Wimmer linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:14:38 +0200

Bob Koss wrote:

> > sure ?
> > I do have X up and running all fine, except when I boot with the
> > graphic console.
>
> I'm not *sure* of anything.  I do know that I had a black screen
> until I used his config file.

What I tried to imply was, that the X-Server only showed a black
screen if I do boot with the graphical console. Booting the "normal"
concole works fine.

What I donīt know if you got a black screen regardless of a "graphical
console boot"/"normal console boot" or only in the case of the
"graphical console".

In the latter case I do think I have to look at the Xconfig, in the
former case I suspect that you did need Billīs config to get the
xserver running at all.

Thomas

Anyway, I will try it (though I donīt know if a config file for a 13"
1280x1024 will fit my 14" 1024x840)
--
Thomas Wimmer        |   When you're in a fight with an idiot,
thomas@wimmer.net    |   its difficult for other people