PCMCIA Modems?

R. Kelley Cook linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 18:28:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 26 May 1999 20:58:26 -0700, Robert A. Munro wrote:

>Any PCMCIA V.90 modem recommendations out there for Linux RedHat 6 on
>the Thinkpad 770X?
>
>I'm leaning towards a 3Com/Megahertz, but the "WinModem" appellation
>makes me pause.

Hi Robert!

Your looking at the wrong modem. JUST SAY NO TO WINMODEMs!!!  They suck
suck suck, even if you happen to use Windows.  They are never worth the
$20 or so they save you in price due to their !@#$@# frustration level.

http://www.3com.com/client/mcd/products/prodlist.html

You want to get either the 3Com Megahertz® 56K* Global Modem PC Card or
one of the Lan+Modem cards, if you also want a Lan PC card.  I've heard
good things about the cellular card, but I don't have a need for it, so
I never have used it.