3Com 3C562D Combo card on a 770X

Frank 'Crash' Edwards linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 19:19:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Heru Ra Walmsley wrote:
> Rob,
> Thanks for the help. The first two commands accurate describe my card and
> drivers used. I do not have a network.opts file at all. Since it appears
> that file is needed how do I create it?
> Thanks
> Heru Ra Walmsley

Actually, from the original message it sounds like you've got a bad cable.
The light coming on at one end and not the other sounds suspect to me,
although I haven't done a lot of e/n hub-based networking...  Is the cable
known to work with other hardware?

Ciao.
--
Frank J. Edwards         Edwards & Edwards Consulting
Voice:   (888)EEC.COM.0  http://www.eec.com/