No subject

Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:14:19 +0100

Hi,
I've got a 770X and have visited Bill's page so thanks for enabling me to
get my Xserver working.

I've visited the web pages I could find related to the 770X and setting up
a PCMCIA Token Ring Card but I still haven't been able to get the Token
ring working. I haven't tried recompiling the kernel but I don't really
want to yet, I'd rather get a working system if possible before I cause
more problems :-)

Anyway I am running RedHat 6 with kernel 2.2.5-15 and pcmcia 2.2.5-15
My card is an IBM PCMCIA Turbo 16/4 Token Ring Card

The error I keep getting happens when booting.

Delaying tr0 initialisation.             FAILED
::
::
Sarting NFS statd                  OK
Starting NFS quotas: tr0: Initial interrupt: 16 Mbps, shared RAM base
000d8000
tr0:open failed: ret_code = 34, retrying
tr0:open failed: ret_code = 34, retrying
tr0:open failed: ret_code = 34, retrying
tr0:open failed: ret_code = 34, retrying
tr0:open failed: ret_code = 34, retrying

etc..

I'm not that familiar with hacking around and setting up Linux, I seemed to
have had an easy time of setting it up until now! Mind you this is the
first laptop I've tried to set up.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Thanks,
     James