560 + Redhat 6.0 + APM

Jason Abate linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 30 Jun 99 13:28:04 -0600

Greetings-

Has anyone been successful in setting up APM support on a ThinkPad
560 with Redhat 6.0?  I've rebuilt the 2.2.5 kernel that Redhat
installs with the following settings:

CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE is not set
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
CONFIG_APM_POWER_OFF=y
CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_MULTIPLE_SUSPEND=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_SUSPEND_BOUNCE is not set
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y

The first time I try, I can suspend with no problem.  However, after
that when I try "apm --suspend", I get "apm: suspend: Unable to enter
requested state".

This machine just returned from being repaired, where IBM upgraded the
BIOS to the latest version, if that is any help.

Thanks,

-jason

   Jason Abate abate@ticam.utexas.edu www.ticam.utexas.edu/~abate
     Texas Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics
     304 SHC, University of Texas at Austin,  Austin, TX 78712
     Work: 512-471-6947  Home: 512-912-1012  Fax: 512-471-8694